IMPORTANT NOTICEAs of February 5th, 2018, due to the closure of RefugeGrid I have moved my Opensim home and regions. You will find them at:
Shopping: LFGrid.com:8002:Paramour Shopping
Blender TutorialsThis section is divided by approximate skill level and the order you might approach them.
- Virgins and Mice - if you're an Opensim content creator, before doing anything else, do this! Do the bonus tutorial too
- Baby Steps - a first look at the basic Blender interface
- Baby Steps II - we look a bit more closely at parts of the interface and start to talk about making selections.
- Baby Steps III - we look at the bottom menu bar of the 3D View and talk about two more selection methods we can use while in edit mode.
- Essential Hotkeys - a list of the hotkeys that I tend to use a lot and think of as "essential" to learn as soon as you possibly can.
- Context I - we begin our look at context by learning a bit about pivot points
- Context II - we continue exploring context by looking a little at four of the five transformation orientation options.
- Context III - we talk about what a "Normal" is and look at it as an option for transformation orientation.
- Introduction to Textures, UV Maps, and Materials - Part I - we begin to look at the subject of texturing meshes, beginning with more of a conceptual overview of what we're trying to achieve
- Introduction to Textures, UV Maps, and Materials - Part II - we unwrap a simple box and create our first material, applying an image texture to it, then see how our map corresponds to the texture on the object
- Blender: Introduction to Textures, UV Maps, and Materials - Part III - we continue to look at UV mapping approaches for a simple box and learn about handling multiple materials.
- Blender: Introduction to Textures, UV Maps, and Materials - Part IV - we take our last look (at this level) at UV mapping methods and learn a few handy tricks like exporting a UV map as a template to use in other software (Gimp/PhotoShop) and how to make a colour grid.
- Out of the Frying Pan and Into the Fire - we look at the final step: exporting a model from Blender and importing it to Opensim.
- Blender: Introduction to My Beginner Level Tutorials and an Overview of Blender Primitives - Here are the things you should probably know before plunging into the rest of the beginner level tutorials in this section as well as a brief look at the classes of Blender Primitives.
- Overview of Modifiers - a lot at the basics of what a modifier is and why you might want to use one.
- Fun With Arrays - we take a look at the array modifier and use it to make some pretty patterns
- More Fun With Arrays - we use the array modifier to make both a plain and spiral staircase
- Arrays and Chains - we take a bit of what we learned about the array modifier and use it to make a simple chain
- Chains Revisited - this time we use the array modifier and lattice modifier to make jewellery chain
- Screwing Around - using the Blender screw modifier to make a simple vase
- Screwing Up - something else you can do with the Blender screw modifier (the UV mapping part is a bit more in the "moderate" category but you can skip it)
- Gothic Double-Vaulted Ceiling Using the Boolean Modifier - we use Boolean (and edge split) modifiers to make a lovely but very simple Gothic ceiling.
- Principles of Blender Rigging and Weighting - a multi-part series of tutorials introducing the underlying fundamentals and mechanics of creating and working with rigged mesh and then advancing into the more advanced subjects of tri- and quad-bone weighting techniques
- Part I - basic armature and motion with bone envelope binding
- Part II - vertex group binding and effects of a single weight
- Part III - basic weight generation and double-weight balancing and effects
- Part IV - looking at the standard avatar armature
- Part V - looking at the "fitted mesh" avatar armature
- Part VI - the monster post: fitted mesh rigging and weighting. IMPORTANT updated weight transfer settings for Blender 2.77 and later are in this post.
- Part VII - custom mesh avatars
- Part VIII - tri-weighting and quad-weighting techniques
- Blender 2.74+ Weight Transfer - some suggestions/tips for using the new weight transfer utility
Paramour Multi-Animation Controller (PMAC) InfoThis section contains information relating to the Paramour Multi-Animation Controller system (PMAC).
- Original Release Announcement - includes an overview and system feature list
- Adding/Removing Animations - how to add and remove animations from an existing set-up
- Creating, Adding and Removing NPCs - a "how to" tutorial complete with script.
- Release announcement for version 1.02 which includes the Props add-on by Neothar Cortex
- Release announcement for the content-giver add-on by Aaack Aardvark
- Release announcement for Add-On Set1 that I released which contains the child prim controller, message object, and message sitter add-ons.
- Tutorial for Creating a PMAC System from scratch.
- PMAC 1.x Cleaning Utility to help you clean up any excess animations and check for any missing ones.
- Transcript from the PMAC presentation I gave for the Immersive Edge project on Nov. 7, 2015
- PMAC 2.0 Sneak Peek: a look at the new features being developed for version 2.0 (expected release in late Feb or early March 2016 )
- PMAC 2.0 Release Announcement: highlighting the features of the new version of PMAC version as well as updates to two existing add-ons the the release of a new one. Also announce the release of a PMAC-powered Chair Dancing product.
- PMAC v2.5 with RLV and LockGuard Release Announcement: includes links to the scripts, as well as to a system conversion script
Miscellaneous StuffThis section could contain anything
- The Oracle - a fun little script for writing business plans or otherwise padding your word count.
- Paramour NPC Manager - a little script that allows you to remove stranded NPCs from your region.
- Paramour Multi-Purpose NPC Rez & Pose - a script that can be useful for a variety of NPC uses, allowing you to rez an NPC and pose it either on the rezzing object or another object and then animate it, if desired.
- +Chic Aeon 's various tutorials are also very well worth having a look at. You'll find a list of links to them here.
- Paramour Mirror Script -- a script I wrote for mirrored pose or animation pairs.
- Paramour Multilight 1.0 3-in-1 lighting system release announcement.
- Paramour Region Traffic Monitor v2.0 greeter and region traffic utility release announcement
- Paramour Tanning Bed release announcement.
- Paramour Clubmaster V2.0: Release announcement and overview of the latest release of the widely used club danceball system
- Paramour Clubmaster V2.1: Release announcement for the minor update to the previous version.
- Tutorial: Singles NPC Dancers for the Clubmaster v2.0: a basic guide for having an NPC use the ball's new group dance feature.
- Paramour Chair Dancer 2.0: a new chair-dancing product powered by PMAC 2.0.
- Paramour NPC Appearance Sorter: a little utility script for sorting through NPC appearance notecards.
- Paramour Skirt Builder utility: a super-loop-rez script for making flexi-prim skirts